- 1 lb of grass-fed beef liver
- 1 onion - sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter - divided
- 1 cup of flour
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a medium to large size skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add the slices of onion rings and saute until caramelized. Once they are golden, remove from heat, and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- While the onions are cooking, combine the flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Dredge the liver in the mixture and set aside. Once you have removed the onions from the pan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan and then add the coated liver. Cook over medium-high heat, flipping once for 3 minutes per side. Remove once done, and do not overcook the liver!
- Serve the liver with the caramelized onions on top and favorite side item (mashed potatoes and gravy). Enjoy!