Caprese Salad with Grilled Flank Steak
- 3-4 tomatoes - sliced
- 2 4-oz ball fresh mozzarella - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped basil
- 2 clove garlic - minced to taste
- Olive oil - to taste
- 1-2 lb of grass-fed flank steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 bags of butter lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar or to taste
- Mix tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, 1 clove minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl; toss to coat. cover bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place steak in a large resealable bag; add 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper. Seal the bag and distribute the oil mixture over the steak.
- Cook the steak on the preheated grill to your desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F. Let stand for 5 minutes before thnly slicing across the grain.
- Divide lettuce onto 4 serving plates; drizzle about 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil onto each lettuce portion. Top each salad with 1/4 the steak and 1/4 the tomato mixture.