- 2 lb of grass-fed beef
- 2 cloves of garlic - chopped
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teasoon ground oregano 1 teasoon salt
- 1/4 teasoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup masa harina
- shredded cheddar - for serving
- chopped onions - for serving
- tortilla chips - for serving
- lime wedges - for serving
- Place the ground beef in a large pot and throw in the garlic. Cook over medium heat until browned. drain off the excess fat.
- Transfer to crockpot and then pour in the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne. Stir together well, cover, and set to low.
- Cook for 2-3 hours. If the mixture becomes overly dry, add1/2 cup water at a time as needed.
- Place the masa harina in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup water and stire together with a fork. Put the masa mixture into the chili. Stir together well, and then taste and adjust the seasonings. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with shredded cheddar, chopped onions, tortilla chips and lime wedges.
- You can put beans into it but that wouldn't be real Texas chili!