- 4 oz. pasture-raised chicken breast
- 2-3 oz. pasta (any type) - uncooked
- 2 oz. of arugula
- 1 tablespoon of toasted almonds
- 4 oz. of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 oz. of peas - frozen
- salt and pepper - to taste
Add arugula, toasted almonds, lemon juice, garlic and peas to a food processor. Blend until smooth, then salt to taste.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or follow directions on pasta container. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water and then drain.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add seasoned chicken and cook until browned, about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Turn heat to low and add pasta, pesto and reserved cooking water. Then salt and pepper to taste.